I’m doing research on my steampunk blog series, but in the meantime I thought it important to give a brief update on projects I have in progress. Other than the reprint of my novella, it looks to the outsider that I have nothing new going on, when in fact I do! Here’s some exciting things on the horizon for the rest of 2012 and into 2013:
- I have three totally brand new stories coming out before the end of the year, one of which made its debut at the latest edition of Ghostlight Lit. They’re all horror tales, and yet they’re all very different. Think of this as my triptych of vampire, werewolf, and ghost stories. Exciting stuff, if I do say so myself!
- Two of my novels (both NaNoWriMo novel projects, I hasten to point out!) are currently under consideration with publishers. Can’t predict what will happen, but there it is. Both urban fantasy, both incredibly funny, very Whedon/Butcher-esque stuff.
- My short story collection Grinning Cracks should still be out by the end of the year if I can find even one free hour to finish proofing final galleys.
- I’m about thirty hours from finishing the editing process on Virginia Bower’s novel The World’s Your Jail. Once I can talk about this in more detail, you’ll understand how deeply personal a project this is. I really want to do it justice, but I also have only a few hours a week to put into it. I’d hoped this would come out by the end of 2012, but now I’m thinking the beginning of 2013 is more likely. Finishing the work on this is why I’m not doing NNWM myself this year.
- I have a piece in a women’s fiction holiday anthology. More news on that as it happens, but this is the “literary fiction” side of the fence, all dramatic and realistic and whatnot. I know you guys are really here for the dragons and stuff, but this one is really cool, I promise!
So there you have it. Irons are in the fire! Perhaps this entire entry is just to reassure myself whenever it seems like nothing is going on, it actually is.